01) If you don’t have nail polish remover, apply clear nail polish over and then wipe off. It will remove old polish.
02) To add volume to clean or unwashed hair, use a dry shampoo spray.
03) Use excess eye cream on cuticles.
04) For clear skin, look for a cleanser with Salycilic Acid.
05) Pick a sulfate-free shampoo, as sulfates can be harsh and drying on the hair cuticle.
06) When applying bronzer, “first start by applying it around the perimeter of your face and follow with a light dusting on your forehead, nose and chin”- Mally Roncal, Mally Beauty
07) After using a a hair conditioning mask, follow with “a cold water rinse to close the hair cuticles”- Ursala Stephensen, Motions celebrity stylist
08) Try to avoid washing your hair everyday. Constant shampooing leaves hair dry and your scalp will create more oils to compensate for the loss of moisture.
09) To fake clear skin when you notice a pimple, “Apply tea tree oil as soon as you spot it”- Stephanie Flor, makeup artist
10) When choosing a red lipstick, you just want to remember to get one that looks good with your undertone. If you have a warm undertone, then go for warmer reds, and if you have a cool undertone, then go cooler.
11) Use an exfoliater to get rid of dead skin but limit yourself to 2-3 times a week so you don’t dry out your skin.
12) “If you’re afraid of red lipstick, I love putting it on and then blotting it off to wear it as more of a stain” – Pat McGrath, makeup artist
13) If you have greasy hair, avoid directly conditioning roots and condition from your ear down to ends.
14) For slicked back hair, use a serum.
15) Wear white eyeliner to make eyes appear less red.
16) Always allow about two fingers from your nose to where blush starts.
17) Before you blow dry, start with a volumizing spray or light gel to give the roots some lift.
18) To make your manicure last, apply a thin layer of clear every two days.
19) Sunscreens that claim to provide “all-day protection” and “water resistance” are not reliable; don’t be fooled by these claims and reapply all sunscreens at least every two to three hours.
20) When self-tanning, use a tanner with a guide color. “It will give you instant color before the effect and it will show you exactly where you put the color and where you may have missed”- Sinead Norenius, founder of Beautisol
21)”When you wear a red lip it’s important that it stays exactly where you put it. Using a long wearing lip pencil to create the perfect shape and a lip color are key to having a perfect red lip.”-Kristofer Buckle, celebrity makeup artist.
22) For the summer months, you don’t want to be caked down in foundation so try a tinted moisturizer instead.
23) To make your cheek bones appear higher, use bronzer under the cheekbone and highlighter on the actual cheekbone.
24) When using a cream product, lock it in by using a translucent powder over it.
25) To minimize pores, use a pore-minimizing facial wash followed by a toner. Make sure the toner is alchohol-free so it won’t dry out your skin.